Each month, your digital marketing provider shares detailed reports. The data appears to be meaningful. But are you really able to understand the home care SEO terminology and interpret all of the metrics? Our experts in marketing home health care have a quick glossary to help you get a better grasp on what your reports are revealing.
- Engagement: Engagement metrics show how visitors interact with your website, measured by:
- Average Session Duration – How much time visitors spend on your website
- Bounce Rate – How many visitors leave your site without any interactions
- Pages per Session – How many average pages people view on your site
- Returning Visitors – People who have visited your website more than once
- Scroll Depth – How much of your content people are reading
- Conversion Actions: A conversion action is when someone contacts you through an email, contact form, employment application, etc.
- Sessions vs. Users: Users are unique visitors to your website, while sessions represent the number of times those visitors came to your site.
- Domain Authority: Domain Authority is a search engine ranking score that predicts how likely a website is to rank in search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Backlinks: Backlinks are links to your website from other websites.
- Site Audit: A site audit gives you an overview of what’s happening behind the scenes of your website.
- Industry Averages: This shows how your website’s performance compares against industry averages.
- Average Cost-Per-Click: This represents the cost you’re paying each time someone clicks on your ad.
- Click-Through-Rate: Click-through-rate (CTR) shows how many times someone saw your ad, and of those impressions, how many visitors clicked on your ad.
- Conversion Rate: Conversion rate shows how many visitors took a particular action: a call, email, contact form submission, etc.
- Cost-Per-Conversion: This calculation shows the amount spent divided by the number of conversions received.
- Competitor Insights: This shows how you measure up against your competitors in terms of:
- Impression Share: Number of times your ad was shown divided by the estimated number of impressions you could have received
- Average Position: How often someone else’s ad received an impression in the same auction as your ad
- Position Above Rate: How often someone else’s ad was shown in a higher position than yours, when both ads were shown at the same time
- Top of Page Rate: How often your ad appeared at the top of the page in search results
- Outranking Share: How often your ad ranked higher than someone else’s ad, or if your ad was shown when theirs was not
Let the home care SEO and PPC experts at MOST help you make the most of your digital marketing efforts. As a Certified Google Partner, we have both the digital marketing and home care industry expertise to help you achieve the most success. Contact us online or call us at 800.370.6580, to learn more!