How is marketing home health care services different from marketing and selling other services or products?
- Because home care is an “at-need” service, it must be marketed differently.
- People need home care at unexpected times, when they are overwhelmed, and when it’s critical.
- Clients typically don’t understand what they need or what to ask.
- Home care is not commonly known and its eligibility and services are usually misunderstood by the general public (and many referral sources).
The number one troubling issue that home care agencies report today?
- On the web
- In the queue to visit targets
- At networking events
- In the media
How can your home care agency compete with the ever-growing competition?
To stand out in the crowded home care marketplace, your agency has to:
- Be strategic – to produce specific results from a specific audience. Market to referral sources who come in contact with lots of people who have a home care need.
- Be branded – to be professional and recognized. The quality of your marketing materials implies a direct connection to the quality of your services.
- Be everywhere – to be found and remembered. Using all channels, your agency should be communicating regularly, following up and following through. Be there when people have the need and start searching for solutions to their home care needs.
- Be the expert – with answers and education about home care. Educate rather than push the heavy sell, to keep potential clients and referrals interested.
The home health care marketing experts behind MOST have inside industry knowledge and continue to do extensive home care marketing research in order to produce materials that will help agencies with marketing home care services, recruiting caregivers, and achieving remarkable results. Still have questions? Watch our demo to get a closer look at the MOST program and find out why we’re the number one home health care marketing agency.