We all take in information differently, but we have one thing in common: we are largely visual creatures. Just look at your Facebook newsfeed. Which posts draw you in more: those that are text only, or posts that contain bright, beautiful, and interesting images? The more your messages along with a visual representation of those messages “speak” to your target audience, the more probable it is that your message will resonate, be accepted and understood.
Colors play a big role in visual marketing. The right color sets the mood and influences a viewer’s actions, both in good and bad ways. For example, consider the color red. Which brands come to mind? Coke? Target? Color analysts tell us that red evokes feelings of energy and urgency. It’s typically the color we’ll see with clearance sales and food references. Black is seen as powerful and sleek, often used to market luxury items. Here’s a breakdown of how certain colors tend to influence people:
- Red: As noted above, red evokes feelings of energy and urgency, often used with food references and clearance sales.
- Blue: Blue is the color of trust and security, often used by banks and other corporate businesses.
- Green: The color of money, green is also the easiest color for the eye to process, and is often used in finance or entertainment sites.
- Pink: Pink conjures feelings of femininity and romance, typically used to market to females.
- Black: The color that is seen as powerful and sleek, black is frequently used to market luxury items.
- Purple: Purple has a calming effect and can be seen in ads for beauty and anti-aging products.
In today’s highly visual marketing arena, the images you select are not only part of your message, but they also give life to your message and brand. As more consumers turn to mobile devices to research and purchase products and services, visuals will become even more crucial to the savvy marketer.
For more marketing tips for home care, turn to the home care sales and marketing team at MOST! We can create dazzling visuals and targeted messages that speak to your intended audience. Call us any time at 800.370.6580, to learn more.