Now that spring is here, our thoughts are turned to growth. Flowers bursting forth with color. Sprouts peeking their heads through garden soil. And while this growth is natural, it also requires time and effort from the gardener. Like gardeners, home care agency owners sow time and effort into marketing and home care sales so they too can achieve growth. However, there is one common concern that can become a blight to growth — ineffective inquiry management.
Inquiry Management Issues and How to Solve Them
See if any of these key inquiry management problems resonate with you:
- A low ROI on sales and marketing efforts. If you’re investing significant marketing efforts but seeing little pay-off in the way of sales, it could mean your inquiry calls aren’t being handled properly.
- A large volume of calls are going to voicemail instead of being answered. If you notice a pattern of calls going to voicemail rather than being answered by a trained staff member, you’re likely letting many sales opportunities get away.
- There’s no regular inquiry call training and no scripts are being used. Your staff needs routine, ongoing training on how to lead a caller through the process and respond effectively to objections. Scripts can help make sure they are responding to objections in a consistent manner.
- You’re not monitoring calls for training purposes. Monitoring calls is crucial to ensure your team is following training and taking every step to schedule an in-home assessment.
- Follow-up is lacking. Many times, callers need time to consider their care options and discuss with other family members. You should be using this time to keep in touch with them to remain top-of-mind. Inquiry calls are your opportunity to listen and respond to the needs of members in your community. Be on a problem-solving mission for families who need help and guide them to a solution by adopting a consultative sales approach. Ensure everyone who takes incoming calls are well-trained on the consultative sales process and proper handling of inquiry calls when they are hired, and retrain on this process annually.
Inquiry management training can set everyone in your agency up for success, and the home care marketing specialists at MOST can help! Our home care sales coaches have a wide range of experience in helping agencies achieve positive growth. Contact us online or call us at 800.370.6580, to learn more!