Happy clients (and their families) are one of a home care agency’s most important assets. They’re your biggest fans and a great way to share referrals. But what makes potential new clients and family members select your agency over the hundreds of other care options available?
Of course, having high quality services is crucial. But there’s much more to it than that. Those in need of your services are likely traveling the challenging and emotional journey of being a family caregiver. Many family caregivers realize on some level that they need help, but are overcome by a sense of personal responsibility and guilt when they consider hiring someone else to care for a parent or loved one. These ideas can help you better market to this group and turn them into advocates for your home care agency:
- Provide honest answers to the hard questions: Is it normal to experience feelings of guilt about not being able to meet all of the care needs for a parent yourself? Of course, but it’s important for family caregivers to take care of themselves too, and that’s where our agency can help. How do I navigate the issue of role reversal with my aging parents? It’s not easy, but we have recommendations to make it go more smoothly.
- Offer easy-to-implement solutions: Family caregivers are already overwhelmed; the last thing they want is a complex solution. Make sure your home care solutions are easy to understand and truly solve the caregivers’ problems rather than creating new ones. Remember, your services should not only make the senior feel better, they also need to make the family caregiver feel better as well.
- Keep in mind that family caregivers are your agency’s advocates: Family caregivers often network with each other through support groups, and they trust the recommendations they receive from others who have walked a mile in their shoes.
Your elder care marketing job doesn’t end after you’ve acquired clients, so how do you retain them?
- Listen: Listening to your clients’ needs and wants can help you adjust your services to better meet their needs and improve client satisfaction.
- Earn trust: Your agency needs to be able to show that you can be trusted. Accreditations through well-respected national organizations demonstrate your agency’s dedication to providing quality care.
- Provide exceptional care: If your agency can provide the care and compassion that your clients need, it will speak for itself.
If you could use some insight on elder care marketing tips that work, contact the home care marketing specialists at MOST! You can reach us any time online or at 800.370.6580, x3, and discover new ways to set your agency apart.