Are you content with your existing referral partner relationships? It’s easy to coast along on cruise control when all seems to be going well with your current, comfortable referral sources. However, you may be missing out on one of the most effective elder care marketing solutions: driving new referral relationships with carefully-targeted sources.
Why Care Companies Often Forego Driving New Relationships
If you already have strong relationships with a variety of referral sources, it can seem more productive to rely solely on these partners, rather than investing time in building new relationships. It easy to become complacent, for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Existing referral relationships are bringing in a steady stream of revenue.
- With a steady stream of new inquiries, there’s no pressure to forge new relationships.
- Finding new referral sources and developing new relationships is time-consuming and may not seem like a high priority.
- It’s often hard to get past the gatekeeper with new referral sources.
Why It’s Important to Drive New Referral Relationships
Anything can happen, causing your steady stream of referrals to dry up quickly. For instance, a client may give your business a negative review, and the referral source may start referring to other providers who can fill the need with a higher level of service.
Without building new referral relationships, you could experience:
- Decreased referrals, or, at best, a plateau if referrals slow down.
- Competitors vying for business with a referral source you depend on.
- A lag in revenue if you find yourself trying to quickly shift to new referral sources when the need arises, rather than proactively.
Let Us Help!
We offer a wide range of elder care marketing solutions to help your care company connect with new referral sources and grow your business, including sales training, customized consulting and coaching, reputation management, and much more.
The care marketing and sales team at MOST has decades of industry-specific experience and expertise, and we would love the opportunity to talk with you to help you overcome any growth hurdles you may be experiencing. Contact us online or call 800.370.6580 to learn more!