It’s in our nature to do whatever we can to make sure we’re getting the best price for our purchases; but there are certain circumstances when quality takes a front seat over cost: Choosing a wedding venue. Selecting the physician for heart replacement surgery. And most definitely, engaging the services of an in-home care provider for a senior loved one.
When it comes to home health care marketing, it’s crucial for home care agency owners to ensure that the high quality and value provided exceeds your prospective clients’ questions about cost – not an easy undertaking when the first question often asked is, “How much do you charge?”
Explaining the value of your services should include placing an emphasis on:
- The employment of your care staff, which means safety (through your background screening process), security, handling of UI and injury claims
- Better caregiver pay means better caregivers in the home
- If your services include a nursing component (particularly when not required by regulations)
- Caregiver training/matching
- Supervision and monitoring
- Senior enrichment and wellness programs
- Written updates for family members
- Client portals, EVV and any other technology utilized
- Backup care in the event of an emergency
- Disaster planning
- On-call staff available 24/7/365
Keep in mind that if price is the caller’s only concern, this caller may not be the best fit for your agency anyway. And, if he or she decides to go with the cheapest caregiving option, you may get a return call later if the care received is not satisfactory. After all – you get what you pay for!
Your high quality differentiators justify a higher price for your services. And as a result, your marketing materials need to reflect the value you provide, confidently, and as an expert.
The home health care marketing experts at MOST can equip you with the professional, polished elder care marketing solutions that will ensure you stand out from the competition. Contact us at 800.370.6580 x3 or via our online form,, to learn more.