The crowded home care industry offers consumers a plethora of options when it comes to finding a care solution for a loved one. For home care marketing materials and sales to be effective, persuasion is key. Yet persuasion involves much more than simply delivering rehearsed responses to inquiry questions. It’s about establishing trust with potential clients and referral sources, understanding the values of your target audience, and positioning your agency as the ideal solution.
There are four fundamental principles that Aristotle outlined more than 2,000 years ago – and they’re still relevant today.
Ethos: Credibility and Trust
Because your first contact with someone seeking care services usually occurs over the phone, building trust and credibility can be established through:
- Sharing an uplifting caregiving experience
- Letting the caller know you are locally owned and operated
- Speaking with empathy
- Asking open-ended questions
- Truly listening to the caller
When meeting in person, the same criteria remains important, in addition to body language and projecting warmth and confidence about your ability to meet the care needs presented.
Pathos: Connecting Emotionally
People are often persuaded to take action based on an emotional connection. When first building a relationship with a potential client or referral source, sharing relatable stories regarding common care challenges helps forge the connection. Rely heavily on:
- Sharing relevant examples of similar care scenarios
- Displaying your expertise in solving problems
- Positioning your agency as an expert
- Relating to the circumstances described by the caller
Logos: The Solution
Logos appeals to reason. For home care agencies, this means looking for opportunities to display how your home care agency can be a caller’s solution. It’s important to:
- Ask targeted questions to showcase your experience
- Present your services as the solution to the problem
- Demonstrate value to respond to objections
For home care agencies, establishing trust begins with the very first interaction. MOST from corecubed, the leaders in home care marketing materials and solutions and sales tools, products, and services, can help ensure your staff are fully equipped to manage inquiry calls effectively. Contact us at 800.370.6580 to learn more.