The Internet: It’s not just for the young! According to a recent Pew Research Center study, a “clear majority” of seniors are now online. When they, and their adult children, have a need for in-home care services, will they find your agency’s home care website? If you’re not sure, check through this list to see how senior friendly your home care website design really is:
- Is it readable? In order for your website’s content to be most accessible for older eyes, use high contrast colors and a plain, 12-point or larger font.
- Is it easy to navigate? Unless your goal is to frustrate your site’s visitors, make sure it’s simple to click through from one page to the next by prominently displaying “Back to previous page” and “Help” buttons, having clear navigational text, and including a site map.
- Is it easy to scan? Large, flowing paragraphs of text have no place on webpages. Keep your sentences short, and break text into manageable chunks and bullet points.
- Is it clickable? Include plenty of clickable links in contrasting colors, as well as large, highly visible buttons.
- Is it optimized? Search engine optimization, or SEO, is crucial for home care websites to enable them to be found when a senior, family member, or referral source is searching for home care services.
So, how does your home care website measure up with your senior care marketing strategies? If you’re less than thrilled with your site’s ability to reach your targeted market, give us a call at 800.370.6580, x3. As an award-winning home care marketing agency, we can help polish up your content, improve your home care website design and functionality, and provide you with stellar SEO services.
And, once your site is ready to shine before your audience, the MOST program is available to further draw attention to your agency, with beautiful and useful videos, banners, blog posts and more!